Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm really not good at this blog thing, but here goes nothin..

Like i said, im really not good at this blog thing. I'm definitely a beginner, but at least im trying. to be honest im not really even sure why im starting this, nor do i even know if i will keep it up, but for right now it seems like a good idea. 


So..over the past few months i've been adjusting to the lifestyles of a college student, minimal amounts of sleep, dinner: cafeteria style, and not to mention the amazing luxury of the lofted, x-long twin sized beds. It has been quite an experience. Moving away from Anderson to a different state has been strange. Only knowing one other person from the start was a challenge, but it is absolutely amazing to see how God has been shaping my life through this experience. Starting off, i didnt have many friends. There were people i saw everyday and could say "hey" to, but no one there to be a best friend (like someone i could run and talk to about anything and everything), just simply acquaintances. this situation gave me a chance to FULLY rely on God. He has become my best friend. He has become the person I can run and tell everything to. He has become my passion. 


Around a year and a half ago, I applied to go on a trip to Africa with NewSpring Community Church in Anderson. A few months later, i was accepted to go on a trip and the dates of November 17-27, 2010 were set. THIS IS SOON. Literally one week from today I will be in Nairobi, Kenya. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY EXCITEMENT. This past week has been full of emotions. I found out on Tuesday that i will get to meet the child that i sponsor, an amazing opportunity in itself, along with serving hundreds of Kenyans and teaching them about the love of Jesus Christ. The passion that God has set in my heart for Africa is unbelievable and i cannot begin to express to you my excitement about this trip. Please pray that we will have a safe journey (17 hours on a plane is a long time). Please pray for the hearts of all of us that will be on the trip. Pray that God would work in everyone's life, the Kenyans, us as the servers, even the people with 410Bridge. Pray that we see life change. God is unstoppable and anything is possible with Him. I pray that we fully experience His power on this trip and i pray that His light will shine through us in ways we never even thought possible. This trip will be a starting block of my future. This could be where God tells me to be, i pray for clarity from Him. My life is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment