Sunday, November 14, 2010

Back in Athens

God is continuing to blow me away. I was able to get another good nights sleep and able to see a lot more of my family today. As soon as i got to the hospital this morning, i met with mommy's doctor and was informed that they had removed the respirator and she is officially breathing on her own!!!! How freakin awesome is that?!?!? Later today, my brother decided that he was going to go back and see her for the first time. As soon as he started talking to her she opened her eyes and mouthed "my baby". I really feel like her seeing my brother and hearing his voice is an awesome medicine for her. I went back in later this afternoon and was just telling her i loved her and i was about to leave for dinner. She opened her eyes, started mumbling and was able to get out "i love you" and a huge smile. God is so good. Like i said in yesterday's post, these reports are AWESOME but that is no reason to stop praying. She still has a long road ahead of her. 


Just a side note, I'm pretty sure i have the most awesome grandparents on the face of the earth. They have gone through so much and their faith is so strong. The compassion they show to others is so amazing. They are two amazing role models. 


Once again, i cannot express the work God is doing in our lives through all of this. He is so awesome and all of the praise goes to Him in this. 



"I love you Lord, I worship you
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king"
-Hillsong United

2 comments:

  1. Haley this is awesome! I love you and God is doing GREAT things. I will continue praying but I am so glad you guys got some good news :)))

    ReplyDelete