Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back with mommy

I made my way back to Anderson this afternoon and it feels so great to be here for a week and a half. I got to the hospital around 345 this afternoon and left around 120 this morning. My mom is doing much better, however she still has a long road ahead of her. She is awake and looks 100 times better than the last time i saw her. She does not have many of her motor skills back. She can talk, but she struggles to even lift her arm or her leg. The doctors say that with time, that should heal. Her white blood count is also still a little high and she has some other health problems. They did a CAT-scan this morning on her stomach just to make sure nothing new was going on so please pray for good results for that. Please just continue to pray for her and her recovery. She has a lot to deal with right now and as her daughter, its so hard to watch this.

I hate seeing her not be able to move and function normally. It literally BREAKS my heart. Tonight she wanted to try and hold her cup and drink water on her own which ended in her spilling it on her gown, that literally tore me to shreds. It was all i could do to hold back tears. Tonight and this afternoon i fed her, helped do her hair and basically just assisted anything she needed. I HATE seeing her this way, but tonight was good. The relationship that was lost between us started to show back up tonight. It means so much to me to be able to sit with her and talk to her like the real Julie i know and not the one that ive seen for the past few years. God has His hands ALL over this. Yes, it sucks that it has to be this way, but to finally be at a point where she wants to change and she wants things to get better is enough for me. Last week, when she first went into the hospital someone said to me "what satan uses for bad, God is using for good". This is SO true. I'm not going to lie, this whole situation SUCKS, but to see God change her, change me, and start to mend my family is AMAZING. He is so good.

Please continue to pray. This is not going to be easy. Pray for her strength, mentally and physically. It's going to take a lot to conquer this. Please pray for determination. We are all going to need it because at times its probably going to seem easier to just simply give up. Continue to pray for her health, I just want to see her better again. And lastly, continue to pray that she finds joy and peace, that her relationship with Christ becomes so strong through this.
Thanks everyone so much for all the prayers and support through this. I cannot put into words how much it means to me.

2 comments:

  1. Colin Jacobs likes this post and will continue in prayer over you and your familia!

    ReplyDelete