Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 9 & 10


           This morning we watched the sunrise over Mount Kenya, which was incredible. I love seeing God’s beauty through the Earth He created. We then left Sweet Water and drove 4 hours to Nairobi. We stayed at the mall in Nairobi for a few hours and this is where I was able to meet Francis, the child I sponsor through Compassion. I was literally freaking out before I met him trying to figure out where he was and what was going on. He was very shy, but I really enjoyed meeting him. I gave him a soccer ball and some coloring books, which he absolutely loved and we were able to color together. When we left the mall, we headed straight to the airport. Another really tough part of the trip was having to tell Alfred goodbye. We all prayed over him before we left and then said our goodbye’s. Just another time I was able to break down. All week he referred to me as his “little sis”. I will never forget being able to have my first conversations in Swahili with him. It amazes me the love he has for the Lord. It shines from him and everyone around him is able to tell.
            We are now on the way home and I seriously cannot express how much this trip has meant to me. I now know that I am called to serve and that He has placed a special place in my heart for serving and for Kenya. I pray that things will work out so that I can return there very soon. This trip has taught me many different things and I know the Lord is going to continue to reveal different things to me as time goes on. One thing I had been praying before I went on the trip was for God to “break my heart for what breaks His.” God revealed to me in so many ways that His heart doesn’t break because these people don’t have a lot of possessions and that they don’t have a lot of money. His heart breaks for those that are lost. He wants to see salvation in Kenya, in America and through the whole world. No the Kenyans don’t have a lot of money and no they don’t have food sometimes, but they joy and passion they have for the Lord is so much greater than you could ever imagive. They possess so much more than we do because of the stronger faith that they have. Not all of the Kenyans are saved, actually very few of them are, but the ones who do know Jesus, let it shine. I hope and pray for the day the Lord brings me back to Africa, but until then I hope my life is never the same and that I will shine His light in every way possible. I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend in this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment