Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 7

2 salvation's yesterday and 2 today. God is good.
I am so sad that this is our last work day. I honestly feel like i am at home here and i do not want to leave. Today was SUCH a good day. we arrived at Ereri today and i was very excited about getting to work in the school again. Before we went into the classrooms, I went back to help in the trench for a while. Instead of working with the women, today i worked with the Masai men. I had no way to communicate with them because they did not speak swahili and they continued to laugh and talk about me the entire time i tried to work. but by the end of the digging, I met Moses and they taught me a few Masai words. I left to go to the school and today we taught the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread. The kids really had a hard time understanding this story but the coloring and the singing went well. When we left the school, we headed back to the trench to find out one of the women had been hit in the arm with a machete. The people told us that she simply tore part of her skirt, wrapped it around her arm and was ready to start back working, but when Trish saw her arm she refused to let her keep working. Trish proceeded to help her clean up her arm and Crispo gave her 25 shillings to go get stitches. The woman left the trench and walked 4-6 kilometers (between 3 or 4 miles) to go to the hospital. In America, we sprain an ankle and we're out of work for a week. Their work ethics and their determination are such an inspiration to me. We left the trench and went back to play with the kids, but today was a lot more calm than usual. Today instead of running around with the kids, we just walked and talked and sang. Worshiping with these kids is indescribable.

We left Ereri early that afternoon and took a tour of the other schools to see the way God has used 410Bridge and NewSpring in the communities. At Black Tank, one little girl Jacquelyn latched on to me as soon as we arrived and cried her eyes out as we left. Her crying her eyes out was not precious, but she was adorable. Just another child on my list to go back and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment