Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Soap, Scrub, Rinse

Today I got to scrub into surgery!!!! I came into the O.R. this morning and one of the assistance, Peter asked me if I wanted to scrub in, so of course my answer was yes. The little girl they were working on is Abbie, she is 1 and on each hand she had an extra finger. I was so nervous! I was super excited, but I really didn't want to screw anything up or touch something I wasn't suppose to, etc. The experience was absolutely incredible. I assisted the doctors in handing them their tools, taking the fingers away from the table and holding the hands while they were being casted.

Learning the Different Tools
Prepping Abbie
Sweet little Abbie's Before and After
On a daily basis we are seeing kids healed. Today, Abdullani could barely walk because of his club feet. Now he's in recovery and within a few weeks, he'll be walking and standing. It is incredible the way that this ministry works. Before every surgery, the child and family are prayed with, once the child is prepped and ready for surgery, the doctors pray over the surgery and the healing process. This hospital proclaims the Gospel in so many ways. I absolutely love being here and I can't wait to head back into the ward tomorrow to hang out with the moms and kids!

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of starts; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground." Psalm 147:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment