Monday, April 30, 2012

New Seasons

How in the world does time go by so fast?? It seems like yesterday that I was moving into my apartment and starting sophomore year. I'm now entering finals and will end the year next Tuesday. So many things have happened in the course of this year, some for the better, some for the worst, but overall it has been an awesome second year at UGA. As the summer approaches, there are a lot of things going on in my life. For one, I leave for Kenya in a matter of 16 days. I have 4 finals to get through before I can even think about getting started on my packing for Kenya, moving out and summer. To add on to all of this my future has taken a huge turn. 


When I was home for spring break, I was talking with my cousins about finances and grown up stuff. Out of my immaturity, I had never sat down to look at my future debt and what my finances were going to look like for me coming out of college. After some calculations and looking at the overall picture of things, I realized I'm paying a LOT of money to go to school out of state. That's when the idea of me transferring really came along. I have always been pretty responsible with my money and to see the bigger picture of what my future finances looked like really freaked me out. I began praying a lot about the decision and what I needed to to. I made so many pros and cons lists, hoping that the cons of me transferring would outweigh the pros so I could stay at the University of Georgia, but they didn't. My reason for being in college is to get a degree so that I can do medical missions around the world. Coming out of college in over a hundred thousand dollars of debt would make it really hard for me to travel and serve around the world. I have no doubt that the Lord had me at Georgia for the past two years for a reason. I have made some of the best friendships imaginable and I have experienced so much personal growth from it, but now is a time for me to say goodbye and start out new. With a lot of prayer behind the decision, I have decided to move to Columbia in the fall. I've applied to USC and am waiting to hear back from admissions. Worst comes to worst, I'm not accepted and I work for a semester and then re-apply. I fully believe that the Lord has control of every situation and that He will bless our finances, but in order to receive that blessing we need to be responsible with our money and obedient to Him. 


There have been so many doors opened for me at the University of South Caroline. I am so sad to leave Athens, but I'm also very excited to see what lies up ahead. I can't even explain how I feel about everything, I'll be super excited for five minutes and then crying my eyes out the next 5 minutes. It has definitely been a roller coaster of emotions. 


This summer in Kenya is about to be the experience of a lifetime. I'm super nervous about traveling alone, but I'm so excited for the experience I'm about to have. It's going to be a really good summer of individual growth in a time of transition, but also a summer of serving the Lord and sharing His love to children who have never felt love before. Please continue to pray for this trip and kids who are already in the hospital. Also, I know I've posted this, but I'm still short on money for the trip. If you feel called to give please visit my donation page here


Thanks to everyone for the continued prayer and support throughout everything that has been going on in my life. It is very appreciated. 


-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment