Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kenya Day 1

Well day 1 was quite uneventful. Planes, airports, and more planes. Lots of travel time, but good bonding time for a team i have to be spending the next 10 days with. Since i cant sleep on an airplane, travel has allowed for a lot of bonding time and a lot of Jesus time. On the first flight to Chicago, i did my quiet time. God definitely has perfect timing with things. In Colossians 4 Paul commands the church of Colossae to continue to pray and be watchful in Thanksgiving. He also commands them to walk in wisdom towards outsiders and to make the best use of time. Relating this passage to my life, I am leaving america to head to a very different place and to share the gospel with complete strangers. This trip is guaranteed to be full of many outsiders. I must walk in wisdom towards EACH one of them. Not just the Kenyans, but every person i come into contact with. I must not only apply this to my trip, but to my everyday life as well. I hope and pray that God will use me to share his gospel with not only the Kenyans but EVERY person i come in contact with from here on out. I want to make the BEST use of time and to make every person matter, because to God EVERY heart matters. 

There is so much anticipation for this trip and i cant wait to see what God has in store. 

Side note: Earlier in this flight i was sitting, drinking apple juice and watching glee. Molly Patton, you have rubbed off on me. 

Side note #2: it's really weird writing these as if i havent already experienced it, but im just going through and writing most of what was in my journal so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment