Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home. Sweet. Home.

My first semester of college is officially complete. Finals are over, stress is gone and I now have one month to be with my friends, family and to relax. Today has been a good day. Coming home was great, when my roommate and I arrived in Anderson, we ate dinner with my mom, grandma and brother. Seeing my mom out of the hospital was so good, she was able to walk to me, hug me, and it was just great to see her in that condition. Tonight she told me that she really wanted to see my blog, she's heard about it and all her friends have talked to her about, but she's never read it. this makes me a little nervous, simply because this is my place to come and let everything out, so tonights post im going to be talking to her. 


Dear Mommy, 


I started this blog a while back simply to be a place where I came to share my thoughts and just write. I was writing mainly because I was going to be in Africa in a few weeks and i thought it would be neat for me to write everything down on here. Well shortly after i started writing, I found out you were in the hospital and things weren't looking good. I cannot express to you the different emotions i felt, guilt, sadness, anger. Everything you can think of. Five days after you were admitted in the hospital, I was told not to expect you to live. Your life is a complete miracle. You have been given the gift of life and God wants to use you mommy. As you begin to read the different posts you will see that i have talked a lot about things going on with you and with us. I have probably shared more than what you would want to be shared on the internet, but please hear me out on this. The things we have been through in the past month aren't normal. This is a story that people should read. This has Jesus's work all over it and for people to be able to look and see that is awesome. Your testimony has the potential to be amazing. Because of God, you fought through death. People need to hear that. That is why I have shared and why I have been so open on here. I love you so much and I literally dont know what i would do without you. I probably dont say that enough, but dont forget it. 


"When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him." Acts 3:9-10


Tonight in my quiet time I read Acts 3 and 4. In Acts 3, it tells of a man who was lame from birth. When he was healed by God, people were amazed. People saw God's work through him and people became interested in what Jesus had to offer. Your story is very similar. God is using you mommy, more than you know. 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment